Last August (wow, I can’t believe it’s been that long) a girlfriend of mine had twin baby boys.

To celebrate their birth, I knitted them each a tiny baby cardigan using this pattern.

I used Caron Simply Soft for these sweaters because of its softness and durability.  Plus, I’d bought quite a lot of it for a crocheted project I’d planned but never completed (or even started).  This yarn worked beautifully for these sweaters, and the colors were yummy.

Coincidentally, another friend of hers had knit baby blankets in almost the same colors.

For the tags in these sweaters, I bought fabric tape and alphabet stamps and stamped my initials in black fabric paint.  Then I just sewed the tags in.  I thought it was a nice touch for a gift though I don’t normally do it with stuff I knit for myself.

12 Replies to “Hooded Baby Cardigan”

1. kata says: August 5, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Hi!
    I would like to knit this cardigan ( https://www.hollywest.com/blog/2007/06/hooded_baby_car.html ), but your link is not working. Could you help me by sending me the pattern? my email is: szovyne@gmail.com
    Thank you in advance!
    Kata

2. Michaela says: September 22, 2011 at 4:23 am

Hi, I really want to knitt that cardigan, but this link you gave us does not work. Do you still have the pattern och know where I can find it?
    Hugs, Michaela (michaelasik@hotmail.com)

3. MycoCreations OrganicCreations says: November 7, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Love Love Love this sweater, can you please re-post a link to the pattern or email it to me @ cocreator@mycocreations.com
    Thanks!

4. rasa says: November 20, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Your baby sweaters are amazing, thang xou for sharing, but also i couldnt open your pattern, please can you email it to me: rasa.dara.a@gmail.com
    i appreciate, thank you so much! WAiting for your answer 😉 Good luck!
    Rasa from Germany

5. helen says: May 30, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I would like to knit this pattern
    Please send me it to my mail

6. Poorva says: June 8, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Hello,
    Your link isn’t working!! Please send me the pattern or publish it on the web. Thanks a lot.

7. CAROL REID says: January 8, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Is this pattern still available I would love to have it.

8. Holly West says: January 16, 2019 at 3:27 pm

It’s been forever since I responded to this post but I did find the pattern: http://web.archive.org/web/20080103235727/www.knitlist.com/2002/FransHood.htm. Print it out now because I’m not sure when this link will expire (it’s a web archive).

9. Colleen says: February 23, 2019 at 7:09 am

Hi..I was wondering, did you use a double strand of Caron’s simply soft yarn when you knitted these?

1. Holly West says: February 23, 2019 at 4:31 pm

It’s been so long, I don’t remember. But looking closely at the pictures, it doesn’t appear that I did.

10. Colleen says: February 24, 2019 at 8:15 am

Hmm..well..the pattern calls for bulky yarn and simply soft isn’t bulky…so, I guess you must’ve increased your needle size..
    thanks so much for your reply
    Colleen